Home » » Lauren Jones Footwear | How did it begin?

Lauren Jones Footwear | How did it begin?

Written By portalzey2 on Tuesday, May 31, 2011 | 10:34 AM

A lot of people want to know how Lauren Jones Footwear came about. It's actually an interesting story! While working in Los Angeles on a few projects in the Entertainment world (being a Barker's Beauty on The Price is Right, working on a DVD series called "Baywatch Beach Body Workout with Lauren Jones" and on the FOX reality hybrid show Anchorwoman) I had the unique good fortune of meeting Av Goodman, the President of shoe brand Martinez Valero at Katana, a sushi restaurant, on Sunset Boulevard. As a sushi connoisseur, I knew exactly what to order and when Av leaned over and asked what I recommended from the menu. I had the tastiest selections committed to memory so I spewed off the best of the best. We ended up asking the normal nice-to-meet-you questions like, "Where are you from and what do you do?". It turned out that we had a similar passion: shoes! I liked to wear them and he ran a company that was 100% devoted to them. At that moment, he said he would send me a pair and in exchange I would wear them on the red carpet for my FOX Anchorwoman premiere party. We stayed in communication for the next two years and Av later reached out to me to model for Martinez Valero after my role as "Cheyenne" in feature film "The Expendables". I took on the job with excitement, however, I had bigger plans in mind. I expressed to Av that I wanted my own shoe line. Afterall, I had a degree from Parsons School of Design. I knew I could design better than the next guy. At first, this seemed like a lofty aspiration but after many meetings and discussions, not to mention a ton of hard work and designing, what was first just an idea became four not so cute samples out of China. One thing led to another and our passion for our idea of Lauren Jones Footwear grew. Today, we are partners in Lauren Jones Footwear, a privately held company makes gorgeous shoes at attainable price points and which does business with fine retailers such as Nordstrom, Belk, Kleinfeld and more. We distribute Lauren Jones Shoes both nationally and internationally and we are growing every day! Make sure to check out our latest collection for Fall 2011. We have added fur and fringe boots which will be available for the first time through Boston Proper catalog. So if you ever have an idea, make sure you see it into fruition. Nothing is unobtainable in this world. If you can dream it, you can achieve it.
XOXO, Lauren Jones
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment