Home » » My Role as Cheyenne in "The Expendables"

My Role as Cheyenne in "The Expendables"

Written By portalzey2 on Monday, January 3, 2011 | 12:18 PM



Above is a video clip from my role as Cheyenne opposite Mickey Rourke in "The Expendables". Below are a few behind the scenes images prior to filming. We had a blast on set, laughing and enjoying the food from catering. Sly made fun of me for drinking a Monster drink... you know, the energy drinks that keep you up all night. I said it was low carb but he still shook his head disapprovingly and said he never ate or drank anything with sugar or carbs. I sort of felt guilty but I kept drinking it. After all, it was a closed set and we were filming over night, wrapping at 5 am. I needed the extra help.
     As seen in these photos below (that's me on the far right wearing white with a darker "do"), we are getting ready to film, however, we had not yet gone in to costume and makeup. We were all hanging on set, Sylvester Stallone, Mickey Rourke, Jason Statham and I, just going through rehearsal and practicing with our scripts. This was the first time I had ever met Mickey Rourke and Jason. I had previously met Sly both during casting for the film as well as years back when he inducted Hulk Hogan into the WWE Hall of Fame when I was still a WWE Smackdown Diva. Jason asked me where I lived and when I told him "Mississippi" he gasped: "WHY!?". I had to laugh because there are many reasons why and for those of you who are curious, so far, I happen to get more accomplished while living here. I am more focused. The whole "Hollywood going out scene" was nothing but trouble and I knew to steer clear. Plus, I have paid my dues. I lived in NYC 10 years and LA for 2. I needed a break but wanted to keep working, so I have (and I still work VERY diligently... have you seen my latest project, Lauren Jones Footwear? Check out the designs at http://www.nordstrom.com/!).
     While chatting, Jason told me the story of how he was discovered. He had been selling jewelry on the street, hustling, and someone took notice of his great voice and evil, "bad guy" accent. He was told he'd be great in film and was suggested a part. Bingo, we now know Jason Statham as a major movie star. Very cool.
     We practiced the scene many times until Sly felt we were prepared for filming later in the evening. Mickey and I road in to Tools' Tattoo parlor on a motorcycle and neither of us used a stunt double (however in the previous scene leading up to our entrance, I did ride in with a stunt double). I know it doesn't seem like we are going very fast, however, the bike was very heavy, shaky, and I was afraid I was going to get knocked into the door frame upon entry. I kept praying "don't let me get hurt and if so, let there be medical staff nearby". During the actual filming of the scene, during one of the many takes, Mickey placed the kickstand on my foot. I was wearing opened toe heels and it was overwhelmingly painful, however, I bit my tongue. I didn't want to ruin the scene with my complaining, so I said nothing.












Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment